Sunday, November 9, 2008

Intro To Dave Barend's College Hoop Humor

Intro To Dave Barend's College Hoop Humor Blog

Just letting you know that I’ve started a hopefully humorous blog on college basketball. It’s called DaveBarendsCollegeHoopHumor.blogspot.com. Given that there are literally over a million blogs out there I was worried that my idea might not be all that original. Turns out there’s not even one other blog out there called DaveBarendsCollegeHoopHumor.blogspot.com Phew.

Now, you may be thinking: How could someone with such low self-esteem as me engage in something so seemingly self-important as a blog. Well, my goal is actually somewhat altruistic. If I can get people to read this blog then maybe that will lead to more people doing my "charitable" NCAA Tourney Pool. That in turn will lead to a bigger "charitable" pot which history suggests I have no chance of winning. Yes, that’s the same pool that every year I swear I’m never doing again, but as my blogs will likely reveal, logic is not my strong suit.

So if you enjoy the below verbal spew I hope you will check out the blog on a semi-regular basis and forward it on to a few friends. I will continually update it with rants, rankings, predictions and once again, hopefully at least a modicum of humor. (My original title for the blog was “DaveBarendsCollegeBasketballRantings&Rankings” but anything more than 27 characters long is just too cumbersome; don’t you think?) I’d even be more than willing to email the blog if you’d prefer to have it sent directly to you. Just let me know at davebarend@yahoo.com

Thanks for indulging me.
Dave

7 comments:

Carty said...

Dude... funny stuff. But LAY OFF Boeheim!!!

jim boeheim for fire said...

lay off boeheim?? the guy is TERRIBLE!

John F. Krotzer said...

I think I'll wait until the next one before I forward it to my wife .... but great stuff!

pbhurls said...

Funny as always, Dave. It's hard to believe this is the same guy who used his kitchen as a home gym for 5 years and who lived on nothing but Domino's pizza, spaghetti and tap water for three years during law school. You've come a long way, baby.

Hoov said...

Oh the home gym simply moved to the basement and now Dave's wife has to spot him. Although basketball is no hockey or lacrosse, that was still well written Dave. I'm sure Mrs. Marietta will get a kick out of it.

Thom said...

home gym? what did you do with the $30 /month you saved? put it in the market? :-) looking fwd to the next one.

basement loughlin said...

dave is this the correct area to leave wise-ass comments???