Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dave's 5th Ridiculous 3 Pointer

Below are 3 more random and hopefully humorous comments on the Tourney. Below that is info on the "FREE" pool.

1.MEMPHIS STINKS – Yup, I had the Tigers winning it all and I’m officially eliminated from winning my pool. No joke here, just my pain. Sadly my pain is extremely humorous to most of my friends.

2.SCARY MOVIES – So I’m watching the games with my 6-year old and a commercial comes on for the movie “The Haunting in Connecticut.” Maybe I’m getting a tad conservative in my old age, but I’m not sure my little one needed to see that kid puking demons. Can’t they show something a bit more ”family friendly” - like shots of the scantily clad cheerleaders?

3.BINGHAMTON – Last week’s column was a letter to Binghamton Coach Kevin Broadus. He actually checked it out and emailed me with a “LOL”. You know what that means. Broadus is a really nice guy? No. I've discoverd a sure fire way to increase the hits on this site - just write letters to the other 342 coaches.

“FREE” NCAA POOL INFO

STANDINGS:
Top 2 in each group after Round 3/Day2 by Winner (Group name/champ-runner up-rest of final 4)

LOUSIVILLE
1.Dave Ison (Group1A/Louis-UNC-Vill-Memphis) - 79
1.Bruce Nickles (GroupA/LOUIS-Unc-Uconn-Pitt) - 79
1.Joe Carbone (GroupA/LOUIS-UNC-Pitt-Memphis) - 79
4.Tom Scanlan (Group1 Louis-NC-Missouir - Pitt) - 78
5.Tony Schwagerl (Group1/Louis - Pitt-Conn - Okla) - 77
6.Jeff Wald (Group1A/(Louis-NC-Conn-Pitt) - 74

UCONN
1.Sara Barend (Group1/UCONN- UNC-Mich.St.- Vill) - 80
2.Mark Loncar (Group1A/Conn-okla-Louis-Vlll) - 78
3.Michael Camosico (Conn-NC-MichSt.-Pitt) - 77
4.John Cusanno (GroupA/Conn-NC-Luis-Pitt) - 74
5.Craig Teal (Group1/ Conn-UNC-Louis-Pitt) - 74
6.Molly McQueen (GroupA/UCONN-UNC-Pitt- WF) - 68

NORTH CAROLINA
1.Robin Hughes (Group1A/(UNC-Uconn-Louis-Pitt) - 80
2.Tina Hurley (Group1/UNC-Louis-Pitt-UConn)-77
2.Jean Orjeula (Group1A/UNC-Louis-Memphis - Villanova) - 77
4.Ernie Barton (GroupA/UNC-Memphis-Louis-Pitt) - 76
5.Dennis Thorne (Group1/NC-Louis-Conn-Pitt) - 76
6.John Krotzer (GroupA/ NC-Louis- Conn-Pitt) - 74

PITTSBURGH
1.Tara Kenyon (GroupA/PITT-Louis-Uconn-UNC) - 81
2.Eileen Meskill (Group 1A/Pitt-Louis-Memp-NC) - 76
3.Keith Mangas (Group1A/Pitt-Louis-Conn-Nc) - 74
4.Brendan Moynihan (Group1/Pitt-Louis-Conn-UNC) - 72
4.Jason Shelly (GroupA/Pitt-Louis-Memp-Okla0 - 72
4.Ken Capprell (Group1/PITT-UConn-Louis-SU) - 72

OKLAHOMA
1.Jennifer Maiona (Group1/OKLA-Lois-Pitt - Missouri) - 82
2.Wing Wong (GroupA/Okla-Conn-Mst-pitt) - 77
3.Trent Mitchell - (Group1-Okla-Louis-Conn-Pitt) - 74
4.Kevin Laha - (Group1A/ Okla-Louis-Pitt-memp) - 63
(Only people with Oklahoma winning it all)

VILLANOVA
1.Mike Lawrence (Group1/Vill-Conn-Louis-Okla) - 64
2.Amanda DiFiore (Group1A/Vill/Conn-KU-Su) - 59
3.Nora Brosseau (Group1/Vill-Conn-Louis- Ill) -54
(Only people with Villanova)

MICHIGAN STATE
1.Jeannie Basile (Group1/Mst-Pitt-Memp-Okla) - 57
(nobody else has Mich St.)

MISSOURI
Nobody has Missourt winning it all.


There are 58 entries in each group. I’m “in” all 3, but I only submitted picks in Group1.

If you want any additional info about anyone’s picks who is not in your group, just email me.

As of now the pot, made up of all my advertising profits and donations, stands at $2,643.24

So, at this point –
1st place = $1,672
2 Winners of groups (other than the first place overall) - $307.08 each
“Wild Card” (person with highest score who did not win a group) - $307.08
Jimmy V Foundation = $50

If you have not donated yet, you can still do so via the Paypal link above. If any more $ comes in I’ll continue to adjust the breakdown accordingly.

Take it easy,
Dave

No comments: