Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dave's 4th Ridiculous 3 Pointer

Below are 3 more random and hopefully humorous comments on the Tourney. Below that is info on the "FREE" pool.

1.MEMPHIS – I have the Tigers winning it all. So, yeah, I was on the verge of a coronary when they were down by 6 in the opener. I looked so bad that my wife had actually hit the “9” and a “1”.

Just to be clear, my wife wasn’t calling for an ambulance. She was entering the first two numbers of the password to access my life insurance policy.

2.TEXAS – Late in the game against Duke and down by 2, Texas missed a wide-open shot. The announcer then said, “You couldn’t ask for anything more.” I wonder if the Texas fans would agree with that statement.

3.IRRELEVANCE – I flicked on ESPN and saw it was showing the NIT. Could there possibly be anything more irrelevant than the NIT? Answer: Yes – the Women’s NIT.

FREE POOL INFO

As of now the pot, made up of all my advertising profits and donations, stands at $2,239.67.

So, at this point –
1st place = $1,470
2 Winners of groups (other than the first place overall) - $239.89 each
“Wild Card” (best of the rest) - $239.89
Jimmy V Foundation = $50

If you have not donated yet, you can still do so via the Paypal link above. There are at least 10 people who are “definitely going to donate” or have said, “the check is in the mail”. If any more $ comes in I’ll continue to adjust the breakdown accordingly.

Combined Standings after day 4 (Group name/champ-runner up-rest of final 4)

1.Ernie Barton (GroupA/UNC-Memphis-Louis-Pitt) - 56
2.Joseph Scancella (GroupA/Duke-Memphis-Louis-Okla) – 54
2.John Harvey (GroupA/Pitt-Memphis-Louis-SU) - 54
2.John(Vestal)Ward (GroupA/Louis-Pitt-Memphis-UNC) - 54
2.Jack Mangas (Group1A/UConn-UNC-Louis-Duke) – 54
2.Dave”Shat”Diprosa (Group1A/UNC-UConn-Louis-Pitt) – 54
7.Tina Hurley (Group1/UNC-Louis-Pitt-UConn)-53
(There are a number of others with 53 – but Tina sits atop Group 1)

Other Non-Notables(Group-Champ-runner up-rest of final4)
A. Samara Barend (GroupA/Memphis-SU-Xavier- Louisville) - 49
B. Dave Barend (Group1/Memphis-Oklahoma-Louisville-Pitt) - 48


There are 58 entries in each group. I’m “in” all 3, but I only submitted picks in Group1.

If you want any additional info about anyone’s picks who is not in your group, just email me.

Take it easy,
Dave

No comments: