Sunday, December 19, 2010

Handful of Hopefully Humorous Rankings - Week5

My Christmas gift to you – another partial list of the current rankings with some humor, well, hopefully.

2.Ohio State – I saw in the paper that the Buckeyes were playing #4 UConn Sunday afternoon. When I tuned in I depressingly discovered it was a women’s game. After watching a few minutes I became even more depressed - I was reminded that I play basketball worse than girls.

3.Kansas - The Jayhawks’ freshman superstar, John Selby, played in his first game Saturday. He had 5 rebounds, 21 points and hit a clutch 3-pointer in the win against USC. Prior to tip-off, Seth Davis predicted Selby would “take a few games to jell”. Post –game, Davis’ claimed he was actually referring to Selby’s tube of slow acting DEP.

48.Oakland – After the Golden Grizzles beat #7 Tennessee, I did some research to see if they might be the best team in California. Turns out, they aren’t even close. Mainly because they are located in Michigan.

132. St. Bonaventure - My beloved Bonnies beat Ohio University in 4 overtimes. A mere 3053 people showed up for the game. I guess that’s to be expected. I mean, how do they expect to draw people when ESPN was, at the same time, showing the uDrove Humanitarian Bowl?

Take it easy,
Dave

No comments: