Sunday, December 12, 2010

Handful of Hopefully Humorous Rankings - Week4

Below is this week’s partial rankings. I hope it’s at least partially funny.

9.Baylor – High scoring LaceDarius Dunn was arrested this fall for assaulting his girlfriend, Lacharlesla Edwards. Some people think it was a mistake for the two to reconcile. I agree. I mean, how do they think they are ever going to find a wedding invitation big enough for both of their names?

16.Kentucky – The Wildcats are still trying to appeal the ruling that Enes Kanter is ineligible because he made over $30,000 while playing in Turkey. I wish them luck, but I think they are going to need a stronger argument. I just don’t think the NCAA is going to be persuaded by the fact that all the other players on Kentucky are making over $50,000.

21.BYU – I can’t quite figure out why BYU’s nickname is the Cougars. I guess it’s just because Brigham Young himself had a thing for horny older women.

29.Cleveland State – The official website for Cleveland State indicates that the school’s motto is “Engaged Learning.” That’s somewhat similar to the motto I try to pass on to America’s youth: “Learn To Never Get Engaged.”

Take it easy,
Dave Barend

No comments: